Friday, January 25, 2019

Fragrance

I walk into the domain of Reception Karen.

Anyone who has worked in an environment with customer-facing colleagues know that they run the company. Nobody knows it but they do. They can make your life very easy or they can make it hell.

Reception Karen has a dozen teenage children (not really but close enough), looks better than anyone half her age and takes no shit from anyone.

Me: Oh it smells nice in here.

Reception Karen: Yeah I've just farted so I've sprayed a bit of Impulse around. So you know - if it smells nice in here it's not just 'air' you're breathing-in.

Me: Oh. Ok.

Obviously I adore her.


4 Comments:

Blogger Z said...

Haha! Clearly, she adores you too. Or at any rate, she thinks you're ok.

9:43 pm  
Blogger Tired Dad said...

Hi Z: Yeah, doesn't hate me I think.

10:29 pm  
Anonymous looby said...

This is the kind of woman in the workplace of which we are woefully short.

11:08 am  
Blogger Tired Dad said...

Looby: Such people should be an obligatory presence in any workplace. True.

8:41 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Go to newer posts

.............