Friday, March 25, 2016

Conversations With My Boss #3

I am once again alone in the office. I am beginning to despise Methodical Marketing Mike and Unfeasibly Young Zak who have once again left me alone in the office with our boss.

He is – as usual – behind the ridiculously large screen of his Mac wearing earphones and watching youtube videos but I know it’s only a matter of time. Time that he saves for me, for some reason.

His head moves from behind his screen.

Boss: [One eye staring sternly at the server room but the other staring at me] There was a phrase when I used to run a recruitment firm in London….

I’ve checked with Companies House. He never ran a business in London. He ran a recruitment firm in the north-of-England city we’re currently in. By ‘run’ I mean ‘into the ground’.

Boss: …which was “Never pitch the bitch”. London. I don’t like the phrase. It’s SEXIST.

I stare at him in silence. I have things I need to be doing.

Boss: But in a way it’s true. I’d never sell to women.

Some time passes.

Boss: Or Pakis.

Some more time passes. I stare at his good eye without blinking. My brain does cartwheels in my skull.

Boss: They’ve got ulterior motives. All of them. 


“I’ve got to find a new job.” I think to myself.

9 Comments:

Anonymous looby said...

Right. I see what you mean about it getting worse.

1:06 pm  
Blogger Tired Dad said...

I may just leave it here but honestly it's the tip of the iceburg...

12:08 am  
Anonymous Thalie said...

Bleak. More please

6:07 am  
Blogger Furtheron said...

Indeed....

11:14 am  
Blogger Tired Dad said...

Hello Thalie. Reading it may be bleak...

Graham: as above.

12:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now then. Lettuce agree that you have been threatening to 'find a new job' for bleeding yonks. Shit or get off the pot.

Your Bozz!

11:04 am  
Blogger Tired Dad said...

Hi Anon.

"Lettuce"?

11:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi TD,

In reply to your earlier comment of: I may just leave it here but honestly it's the tip of the iceburg... (lettuce?)

How's the job?

Anon

1:17 pm  
Blogger Tired Dad said...

Anon: All will be revealed!

8:50 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Go to newer posts

.............