Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Small Moments at Work #2

There is a plumbing problem of some sort in the building that I work in.

Or perhaps a ventilation problem.

It’s a fairly large building with about a thousand staff. It could be anything really. But the odour in some of the corridors is not exactly that of wild roses at times.

Grant From Work: …so I was talking to a guy from maintenance about it and he was all like ‘well, it’s an old building you know’…..

This is sort-of true. It was built in the nineteen-sixties.

Grant From Work:
…. And I’m thinking "Eh? Castles are ‘old’. They don’t ‘smell of shit’".

6 Comments:

Blogger Ellie said...

Our toilets at work are purportedly 'environmentally friendly', which means you have to flush them about 5 times to properly dispose of what should be disposed of. It's can lead to some frightening encounters.

7:31 am  
Blogger Pueblo girl said...

Put 1000 people in Bamburgh castle for a week, and Grant might change his mind.

11:34 pm  
Blogger Cynnie said...

all of amarillo smells of cow shit ..
Mornings are particularly fragrant

3:02 am  
Blogger DILLIGAF said...

Castles?

Are ALL your workmates (and I use the term loosley) nutters?

.....any vacancies?

11:52 pm  
Blogger Debster said...

Every castle I have been in smells of piss though. Along with lifts, car parks, underpasses ...

11:51 pm  
Blogger Tired Dad said...

Ellie: There is one ONE like that in my building. I suspect it is the culprit. Fuck the enviroment, I want clean air.

PB: ? I have regular work-related dealings with Bamburgh Castle and you have made me feel uneasy.

C: Cow shit I could probably tolerate. It's sort of to be expected when there are cows present. You don't really expect it in a board room.

FD: Due to the nature of what we do for a living many are in fact quite unhinged. Not always in a bad way though.

Debs: I've not noticed that one, although I'm with you on the subway, lift etc. bit.

12:52 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Go to newer posts

.............