Monday, September 19, 2016

New Job.

“I hope things have gone alright.” I think to myself as I leave the plush building that houses the company that I now work for.

It’s the end of my first week. It’s important to make the right impression and to ensure that people feel they can successfully work with you. I hope I have done so.

I reach into my right-hand suit pocket to take out my cigarettes and a lighter. As I remove my hand a shower of at least two-dozen PostIt notes drop from my pocket and drift down the street. Instinctively I scamper to collect them.

My new office is on one of the biggest ‘party’ streets within one of the biggest ‘party cities’ in the north of England.

I grab one PostIt. Upon it is drawn a massive cock-and-balls. Without thinking I collect a few more. They feature similar illustrations. A theme is emerging. I become the recipient of some cheers from early-evening revellers who have also observed this thematic street-theatre.

Discarding my quest to collect the rest of my stationary-based gifts I get my bus home and review the remainder of the PostIts still in my suit-coat pocket.

Some are rather throw-away although some feature the classic three droplets of spurting ‘liquid’. A few even have hairy balls. One in particular features nothing but the word ‘PENIS’; obviously in case I were in any doubt as to what the other illustrations represented.


“Things seem to have gone well.” I think to myself.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's their shorthand for 'We're wankers!!".It's not you. it's them!!

4:35 am  
Blogger Charlyinc said...

Sounds like you've found them. Your people. Well done.

11:58 am  
Blogger Tired Dad said...

Anon: I thought it was massively amusing to be honest. But thank you.

Charlyinc: I concur.

9:45 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Go to newer posts

.............